Friday, September 26, 2008

Movie Review Time!!!

Hi

I know it's been a long while since I wrote something useful, but I am starved for time (and sleep) now-a-days,plus lazy too. So here goes another one of my "honest assessments" about the movies I saw recently (and after the posted the last post about movie reviews)

1. 88 Minutes - I really underestimated this movie because of its marketing strategies, but it turned out to be a decent movie overall. 8/10 is good rating for it.

2. Parugu - Nice Telugu movie... Worth a watch. 8/10

3. The Dark Knight - Contrary to all expectations, I found it to be a different superhero movie, because Batman is certainly a different character overall. The movie is worth seeing for Joker and Morgan Freeman. 9/10 is a liberal rating for this movie as I was not "over-awed" by it in anyway.

4. Vertigo - Alfred Hitchcock and James Stewart come together once again! I give it a 9/10 for Stewart's emotions.

5. Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark - Awesome is the word for this movie - 9/10

6. Batman Begins - Folks, if you haven't seen this movie yet, I honestly dunno what to make of you - This is better than its sequel for sure! My rating goes to 9.5/10 for showing the making of a legendary superhero and fighter of justice.

7. The Batman Superman movie - Good animation... Two different superheroes is tough to put in the same movie but was managed pretty well... 8/10

8. K-Pax - Slow but sweet.. All the people who like to see sci-fi with fundas do see it.. 8.5/10

9. The Sum of all Fears - Excellent movie! Ending is a bit zehari, but it's worth it... 9/10

10. Chatrapati - Music is mind-blowing (but unfortunately it's copied from German), movie is nice enough.. 8/10

11. Idiot - Good movie, can see one.. 7.5/10

12. 27 Dresses - I hate romantic shit, but this one was nice because of the underlying theme and understanding of the human mind... 8/10

13. Ghajini - Mememto was damn confusing but Ghajini made it simple... 8.5/10 for the acting...

14. Mantra - A new breed of horror-movie... Chilling and thrilling... Charmy is charming in it! 8/10 for the thrill and jhatkas...

15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Damn! I didn't even realize that Jim Carrey can act in a Sci-Fi movie that well! Was nice to a Kate Winslet movie after a long time... 9/10

16. American Beauty - I am really sorry for all the criticism that I made against this movie... Tryly showed the American style of living (and dying!)... 9/10 for Kevin Spacey!

17. Vikramarkudu - Was good... Recommended... 7.5/10...

18. 2010: The year we make contact - Lot better than its prequel for sure... I am not a fan of such stuff but for that era this was a great movie! 9/10 for the efforts...

19. Gattaca - Sci-fi + Funda + Philosophy + Hope = Barack Obama? Naa, it's Gattaca! 9/10 for a neat Uma Thurman / Ethan Hawkw combo and its underlying message...

20. Tropic Thunder - If you are bored of the midless war movies, then look no further - Tropic Thunder parodies all of them into one helluva movie!!! 9/10 for a laugh-riot!

21. Bandidas - A sexy Penelpoe Cruz / Salma Hayek combo hit me like lightning! I have to give it a 9/10 just for the pure hotness quotient...

22. Accepted - Wish I was in that college... I would love to do "Orkutting Advanced 402"... Don't get what I am saying? Well, see the movie and find out what I mean! 8.5/10...

23. Wedding Daze - Hmmm.. Not a great story, yet enjoyable and slightly adult comedy... 8/10

24. He was a quiet man (2007) - Psychos beware! Here comes the quietest of them all!! Superb yet really slow movie... 9/10...

25. You don't mess with the Zohan - I don't care who you are, where you're from, what you do... As long as Zohan is there, you have to see him !!! Comedy at it's best with a bit of adult humour too!! 9/10...

26. The Polar Express - A movie with a message... Christmas Redefined!! 9/10 for good animation...

27. Dark City - Crude form of The Matrix mixed with doses of ESOTSM... 9/10 for the storyline only...

29. Suicide Circle / Suicide Club - Fundoo story with a really baseless ending.. Do see it though... Horrow will never see the same again! 9/10

30. Recount - AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! 10/10... If you like American politics you CANNOT miss it!!

31. A Wednesday - Already reviewed... 9/10

32. Zeitgeist - Blah Blah Blah... 6/10 for efforts to make it... Else all BS stuff...

33. Cloverfield - My first movie with speakers!!! The Blairwitch Project meets Godzilla in this action-thriller... 9/10 for the maker's ideas!

34. It's a Boy-Girl Thing - Well, Freaky Friday get's a new look... Expected ending...

Ciao!

No comments: