Sunday, November 22, 2009

Awesome Indian things...

Hi friends


Very recently, on Twitter, there was a movement to make the topic #awesomeindianthings as a trending topic. Now for those who are not familiar to Twitter, a trending topic is something which is mentioned the most in the last few hours of tweeting by various users of Twitter. This movement was reportedly started by Chetan Bhagat and it caught my eye when Shashi Tharoor (our original Indian Tweeting minister) tweeted all his followers (like me) to make it a trending topic.


I did my best to make it a tweeting topic. There were many things that I mentioned a lot of them were actually appreciated and re-tweeted (when you tweet the other person’s message with due recognition) by many users, none of whom I knew. I also re-tweeted the messages of some other users, whose tweets I found really funny.


Anyways, I decided to compile the best of my tweets for all of you to read. Please do leave a comment if you have anything more in your mind. I have close to 150 tweets on that topic itself. Here are my top 15 tweets (10% is a good number to make a list I guess)


#15: One of the world's top-10 public policies - introducing CNG in Delhi!

#14: Tweeting at work when you are working in the HR Dept. itself (That's me!)

#13: The brave soldiers of the Indian Army, who dare to do what no Indian ever wants to.

#12: Where the most cherished filmi dialogue is “Mere paas Maa hain”

#11: Having neighbours like Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka, none of which have stable democracies... and China.

#10: Cows have more freedom on the roads than cars and scooters.

#09: The Liril Advertisement and all the Liril girls !!!!

#08: The good ol' Mithun Movies and the ever-awesome "Gunda" and "Loha".

#07: Chori chupke trying to run away from aunties hell bent on getting you married.

#06: The beauty of the Indian woman in the natural saree that can outbeat any other firangi dress.

#05: 100 news channels, all of them carrying the same "exclusive breaking news" abt. a missing dog of a governor.

#04: Knowing that Shah Rukh Khan ke keval chaar dost the unke bachpan mein!!!


And my top-three tweets are (based on the number of re-tweets)


#03: Kamasutra - Only Indian book read by more foreigners than Indians.

#02: South Indian Names that carry every personal detail you need in a resume.

#01: Where electricity can reach villages only when SRK lights them up in Swades.


BTW, our efforts were successful. For a brief period, this topic made it to the top-10 list of the most trending topics. On a related note, my SRK tweet was featured in some other SRK-related page too :) Check the image below.


Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice that you shared them here!

The last three were new and witty no doubt they were highly retweeted!

I Follows you on twitter too now :)

IIM ka Sarkari Babu said...

@Sivarchana: Thanks!