Friday, September 21, 2007

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Literature Personified!

Friends,

Better see a movie than read a book is what I always used to say. But when you see a movie like this one, you are compelled to think – “I should better read the book too. The movie is good but raises a lot of questions. I must read to know more.” I am not saying that the movie is not good, but it does raise a lot of questions in the mind of a person who has not read the book. Hey, the director did a great job trying to make the movie as close as possible to the book. After all, it isn’t easy making a movie of around 90 minutes from a book that is “A trilogy in 4 parts”!

The movie covered the many critical points from the first part of the book (I did not read the book fully and don’t know where I stopped, but I could follow the whole movie) like the “42” paradox, the missing-dolphins, the one about Zaphod Beeblebrox and that about the second earth being made in place of the old one. It captured all the needed points. It was good enough.

The acting was ok ok. I cannot comment much on it though as the movie was not too solid. Can see once if you want to have a nice rest and if you want to see a movie without breaking too much sweat!

Ciao.

No comments: