Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A senior talks to me...

Hi Friends

This is a e-mail that I received a few days ago about the post that I wrote on Manjunath Sir and how our college took no action at all in that regard. The post can be accessed here - Click Link to Access

Varun,

I came across your blog on IIML students and IOCL. I'd felt truly heartsick at the students' spineless reaction.I'm glad to know you felt what you did. Keep this up.

Regards,

Anjali Mullatti
Partner,Catalyst Consulting.


This was the mail that I saw first thing in the morning a few days ago. On the way to my office, I was thinking "What should be my reaction? Should I be happy that a senior, whom I don't know at all and who heads the Manjunath Shanmugham Trust, happened to read my post? Or should I be sad at the way my college has potrayed itself in front of its present and former students?"

As I was pondering about it, I realized that for a moment, I was indeed happy. My friends have been reading my blog, a couple of them were inspired to start their own blogs (I really don't know what more to say and I am really proud of having such great friends). Now even strangers happen to go through my posts (The one on the Fevicol Ad has already received 2 comments from strangers I never heard about!).

But for most of the part, my I was sad that my college didn't shun IOCL... I always felt it did, but it didn't. That hurt me a lot and is one of the reasons why I don't like to talk a lot about my college authorities.

Well, my college website http://www.iiml.ac.in/ has been ramped up. You can find the quotes made by my friends and classmates Bharat Jhurani. Aashish Sood, Manish Narang, Nimit Mittal, Ankit Agarwal and Nirav Sangani at the following links. When you read them, you will have an idea about the college and the life in IIM-L.

Links: IIML Campus Life Experiences

IIML Campus Life Quotes

No comments: